How Do I Get a Mentor?
Visit our mentor page and fill out the form. We will email you a Mentee Interest form in order to best pair you with your mentor.
Can I Visit the Campus?
Yes. You have several options:
- Attend the Physical Therapy Exploration Program for an interactive experience specific to the physical therapy program.
- Attend a College of Health Professions (CHP) information session.
What Is a Physical Therapist?
Physical therapists (PT’s) are highly-educated, licensed health care professionals who can help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility - in many cases without expensive surgery and often reducing the need for long-term use of prescription medications and their side effects.
What Does a Physical Therapist Do?
Physical therapists can teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
Learn more about physical therapy from the American Physical Therapy Association.
How Can I Learn More About the DPT Program at MUSC?
- Visit our Physical Therapy division website
- Attend an information session
- If you have more questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is PEP?
PEP (Physical Therapy Exploration Program) is a summer program offered for students interested in the profession.