The Research Administration Team serves as the CHP official point of contact for research.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving grant proposals and budgets for submission to our University Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and granting agencies
- Serving as the College resource for managing and authorizing all life of grant issues
- Overseeing all grant related procurement transactions for the Research Administration Unit in accordance with State Procurement Code, MUSC and CHP policies and procedures
- Serve as college wide liaison with Principal Investigators, Sponsors, Consortia, Consultants, MUSC Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP), and MUSC Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA). Manages all Life of Grant/Contract activities to ensure all budgetary, personnel and reporting requirements are met and in compliance with all regulations and guidelines
- A college wide resource for managing proposal development and submission through:
Researching, selecting, and interpreting potential funding opportunities; preparing/revising and negotiating budgets; Creating grant proposals; Coordinating with collaborating researchers, business administrators/department chairs, external institutions, granting agencies, the IRB, and ORSP to ensure proper submission, appropriate approvals, and securing of resources
Research Administration Team