Orthopedic Residency Admissions
Who should participate in a residency?
The Orthopedic Residency program at MUSC is for physical therapists of varying experience levels. We welcome both new graduates and more experienced physical therapists to apply. A minimum of six months to one year of experience is preferable before beginning the residency. Those individuals that are two to three years out of school will find the residency to be motivating and refreshing. It is a wonderful opportunity to improve your knowledge base and clinical skills. The diversity in experience level provides a unique experience for both residents and mentors as you work with each other during certain aspects of the residency.
To apply to this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a CAPTE approved physical therapy program.
- Have a license to practice in South Carolina, or are eligible for a license.
- Applicants must be hired to work at one of the participating facilities.
- Complete a residency application through RF-PTCAS.
- Complete an employment application for the participating residency facility of your choice.