Frequently Asked Questions

We accept 40 students each year.

Yes. You must have a Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited college or university prior to entering the speech-language pathology program. A specific major is not required, but specific prerequisite course work is required if you do not have an undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. View a list of universities that offer these courses online.

Per CFCC standards, students must have completed college-level coursework in biology, social/behavioral science, general physics/chemistry, and statistics. Basic communication sciences courses that are prerequisites for the program include Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing; Normal Language Development; Phonetics; & Speech and Hearing Science. View the program admissions requirements. 

Decisions for admission are made on a competitive basis, with the applicant’s undergraduate GPA factoring into the decision. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required to be considered for admission to the program.

An admissions committee examines each qualified applicant's portfolio (the letters of reference, resume, and other admissions materials) and scores these. Experience related to speech-language pathology, strong letters of reference, volunteer/service activities, and leadership experience assist applicants in improving their profile score. Applicants who score highly will be invited to interview with the program faculty.

woman nose exam