To improve the health of populations by developing and inspiring health scientists and leaders.
As a college dedicated to educating a diverse range of health professionals, we benefit our students, the University, and community through our synergistic approach to creating new knowledge and expertise. Through interprofessional collaboration and innovation, we enrich the learning environment, increase our capacity to conduct research, and augment our ability to provide service. We are a dynamic and responsive college that generates solutions and contributes to the overall health and well-being of the citizens of our state and beyond.
The faculty, staff, and students in the College of Health Professions at the Medical University of South Carolina embrace and commit to the 5 core values of collaboration, creativity, diversity, excellence, and integrity.
The following represents sample expected behaviors that demonstrate adherence to each core value.
- Cultivate relationships built on trust and respect.
- Recognize and value the skills and qualities of others.
- Engage in interprofessional education, research, service, and clinical practice.
- Involve stakeholders in our local and global communities to achieve shared objectives.
- Encourage and support innovation, ingenuity, and resourcefulness.
- Apply new ideas and technology to improve education, research, and clinical practice.
- Manage the risk associated with innovation.
- Embrace and drive change that results from innovation and creativity.
- Recognize the value of different perspectives and backgrounds.
- Foster cultural awareness and empathy.
- Create an environment that is welcoming to all.
- Provide equal opportunities and services to all individuals.
- Achieve the highest standards of performance and outcomes in education, research, service, and clinical practice.
- Validate excellence through continuous quality improvement.
- Accept personal responsibility to advance towards excellence.
- Empower faculty, staff, and students to foster excellence.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct, policies, and procedures of the organization.
- Acknowledge and accept responsibility for one’s actions.
- Demonstrate honesty and transparency.
- Use influence judiciously and treat people equitably.