We are so excited to have you join our newest group of incoming students. CHP’s faculty and staff have been busy preparing for your arrival. Now it's time for you to prepare (not that you haven't been doing that the past 2 to 3 years). The checklist below will help with your transition to MUSC. Between now and the start of your first semester, work through the material as you are able and as items are activated. During the process, please contact your student services program coordinator with any questions.
Again, welcome to the College of Health Professions at MUSC. We are confident you have made a great choice.
Dr. Karen Wager
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
New Student Orientation Checklist
- Program Specific Information: Visit your program orientation page to find supply and book lists, program calendars, class schedules, etc.
- Financial Aid: If applicable, apply for financial aid. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 843-792-3281.
- Off-Campus Housing: If needed, review the Off-Campus Housing Guide and Roommate Finder managed by the Office of Education and Student Life.
- Laptop Requirements: Verify adherence to program specific laptop requirements, hardware and software standards.
- Immunization Requirements: Begin this process by reviewing the Mandatory Immunization Requirements Form and collect your applicable medical records. For questions, contact 843-792-3664. (Not required for DHA, EMHA, HCS, MSHI, and DNAP-PM programs.)
- Disability Services: If you will be requesting ADA accommodations, please be sure to contact the University ADA / 504 Coordinator with any questions regarding MUSC's ADA policies or procedures.
- Final Transcripts: If applicable, submit your final official transcript(s) to the Office of Enrollment Management: 45 Courtenay Drive, Room 359, MSC 203, Charleston, SC 29425. For questions, contact email@example.com.
Complete Before Orientation/First Day of Classes
MUSC NetID Activation Required to Proceed...
- MUSC NetID: Approximately 45 days prior to your start term you will receive an email including MUSC NetID activation instructions. Act on these to access you MUSC email account, Moodle, life.musc.edu and several other student systems and resources.
- CHP New Student Orientation (online): This online guide will provide you with information, resources and some required tasks that you will be able to address prior to your in-person Orientation. See topic areas below. Your program's student services coordinator will share instructions regarding access.
- Student Policies & Academic Resources
- Health Requirements & Resources
- Financial Requirements / Aid
- Student Life
- Campus Safety
- Getting Around Campus
- On-Campus Orientation Details
- Parking Pass: Orientation parking passes will be in the online guide. Print & place on the dashboard of your car while parking in the designated area.
- Laptop: Bring your laptop to orientation. This is especially needed for your technology session.
- Locker: If applicable, you can request a locker assignment in the Office of Student Life.