Pediatric Residency Admissions
Who should participate in a residency?
The Pediatric Residency program at MUSC is for physical therapists with at least 6 months or more of pediatric experience levels. Pediatric physical therapists who are two to three years post-graduation will find the residency to be motivating and refreshing. It is a wonderful opportunity to improve your knowledge base and clinical skills.
To apply to this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a CAPTE approved physical therapy program.
- Have a license to practice physical therapy in South Carolina or be eligible for a license without restriction.
- Demonstrated 6 months of pediatric clinical practice.
- Eventually apply for a Pediatric Physical Therapy employment position with the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital. Applicants will be notified by the Cindy Dodds, PT, Ph.D., PCS as when to complete this employment application.
In addition to meeting the criteria outlined above, applicants must:
- Submit a correct and complete application including supporting documentation by the application deadline, April 15, 2020, via email to Cindy Dodds, PT, Ph.D., PCS, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed Application (PDF)
- Copy of PT License
- Work History Documentation (PDF)
- Physical Functions and Technical Standards (PDF)
- Two letters of Recommendations
- PT School Transcripts
The top two resident interviewees will apply for the pediatric physical therapy employment position with the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and complete the final interview process with the Department of Physical Therapy leadership and team members.