CEDAR maintains a registry of resource rich data sets from national, statewide and regional sources, such as: Medicare 5% sample, MarketScan® billing data, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Nationwide Sample and HCUP State Inpatient Databases (SID) data from 17 states. The center also partners with other data suppliers to enhance access to critical repositories, and has expert faculty well-versed in maximizing the research potential of these resources. CEDAR provides controlled use of these data for research purposes and ensures compliance with data use and licensing agreements.
- Curate information about the types of archival data resources available on campus.
- Disseminate information on the available data to faculty and students.
- Train faculty and fellows in archival data study design and analysis methods.
- Provide governance for access to existing data sets on campus.
- Support investigators in developing new studies using archival data.
Kit N. Simpson, DrPH
Professor, Department of Healthcare Leadership & Management
Director, CEDAR Core (Comparative Effectiveness Data Analytics Resources)
College of Health Professions
CEDAR provides the following services, which may be requested through SPARCRequest:
- Archival data methods training.
- Specification of disease phenotypes based on ICD-9 or ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Data extraction from “Big Data” archival data sets.
- Consultation on analytical data set design.
- Specialized design services (phenotype sensitivity assessment, matching, inverse weighting).
- Consultation on Data Use Agreement development for data acquisition.
CEDAR Data Inventory
CEDAR Data HCUP National Inpatient Sample and Nationwide Emergency Department Sample Inventory (PDF)
CEDAR Data HCUP State Ambulatory Services Databases Inventory (PDF)
CEDAR Data HCUP State Emergency Department Data Inventory (PDF)
CEDAR Data HCUP State Inpatient Data Inventory (PDF)
CEDAR Data MarketScan Inventory (PDF)
CEDAR Data Medicare Inventory (PDF)